A great, thick pasta sauce. The spring onions and lemon juice give it a wonderful tang.
Ginger – 2cm piece finely chopped
4 spring onions chopped.
1 tin of tomatoes
1 small head of broccoli
1 green capsicum
½ can of coconut cream
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper
· Fry the ginger, spring onions, and herbs with oil in a large saucepan.
· After a couple of minutes add the tomatoes and cook for a further five minutes.
· Chop the other veg, except for the avocado, and add to the saucepan.
· Cook till veg has softened.
· Add the coconut cream and reduce for a few minutes.
· Once it has cooked to your desired texture, simply add the seeds and walnuts, slice the avocado and add to the sauce.
· Flavour with lemon juice.
Mix it through 500gms of cooked spelt pasta.